The Wild New World
Tips for surviving the Wild New World
- Bring gear (and mules/carts/porters to carry it) and use it in innovative ways (*houserule: GM may give +1 or Advantage)
- Position yourself optimally in the finction (*houserule: GM may give +1 or Advantage)
- Collect +1 Forwards and Hold (eg Defend, Discern Reality, Aid)
- Make your desires known (in character and out of character)
- Seek relevantly useful magical items and other loot
- Gather intelligence by: Spout Lore, asking NPCs, finding maps maps, etc.
- Note: Some monsters will not be affected by normal weapons.
- You don’t get XP for defeating monsters, nor for treasure (*except for significant successes), so aim for the result that develops your character in other ways (wealth, power, achieving your aims, looking cool, etc.)
- The world continues without you. Inaction on an opportunity is also a choice with its own consequences.
- NPCs, locations and resources around you are all available for your use – feel free to attempt to use them.
- The world is not a “level-appropriate” challenge. People will die. I will try to warn you :-)